Tuesday, April 16, 2013

First Day At Work

Ok y'all, like I promised I'm here to tell you about my first day at my new job. I work at a nursing home called Emeritus and I absolutely LOVE it! The residents there just make my day, they are sweet, funny, and so ADORABLE! Before I started working I was thinking it was going to be "gross" etc. but it really isn't, it's like seeing a bunch of my grandmas and grandpas and just taking care of them. I do everything from changing their "diapers" to getting them dressed, fixing their hair, giving them showers, feeding them etc. It really warms my heart to be able to work there and help the residents living there and boy do they appreciate it, I've never heard so many "thank you's" and "you're such a nice person" in my life, it was my first day and I've already created a bond with the residents. On top of that the co-workers are super nice and fun so that makes it even better, I may not make $15/hr but when you find a job you really really like the pay doesn't really matter, I'd work there for free in a heart beat. I'm excited to wake up every morning and get back in there to work. On another note I helped my son Ayden do homework tonight (he had to write his ABC's) and just seeing how perfectly he held the pen how perfectly he could write and how perfectly he knew the is ABC's made me SO proud yet SO sad at the same time, my baby is growing on me and before I know it his voice will be deep and I won't be able to kiss him in public :(

Well y'all time for me to hit the sack, this lady has to wake up at 4am

Have a good night!

xoxo
Military Wife Military Life

No comments:

Post a Comment