Sunday, March 17, 2013

Officer wife?

Hey y'all!
so today my husband was told his Army Officer board is coming up in a few days and has basically been guaranteed a spot in OCS! WHOO HOOO! The sucky part is he JUST got home literally 1 week ago from an 8 month deployment and he now is leaving again for almost 2 years in July. As hard as my decision was to stay here in Ohio rather than Georgia where his OCS is taking place I have to do what's best for the family. My oldest son Ayden will be in kindergarten at the time so I'd hate to have to take him out to move to Georgia to only have to pack up and move again to where ever they station us, not only that but we recently bought a house (yes yes BOUGHT!) in October (which by the way we are totally stoked about) I would have to sell or rent out the house, so it's just best me and the kids stay here. One thing I'm pretty excited about is remodeling the house!! I've already decided to stain all cabinets in the house, frame the mirrors in the bathrooms, paint the countertops in the master bath, we are getting stainless steel appliances for the kitchen and new countertops! I have a lot on my plate but as spongebob would say I'M READY IM READY! atleast I'll have something other than my three rugrats to keep me busy while my other half is away.

As much as I enjoy being a military spouse, there are some annoying things about it, one being OTHER spouses. It's rare that you find genuine friends when you move from base to base, I was lucky enugh to meet some amazing ladies and become best friends with them.

3 of my neighbors who are also still very good friends (now living at different bases) actually watched my give birth to my second son! gross right!? lol but I'm so thankful for them because 6 hours after having my second son at the age of 18 my husband deployed to afghanistan.. boooooo!! I've also been pretty unlucky too, I've made the mistake of trusting ladies and befriending ladies who had the worst intentions for myself, this isnt rare it happens often when dealing with other military spouses. Thankfully I easily cut the negative nacys out of my life and everything has been PERFECT since! you live and you learn eh?

Well my husband decided to pass out during our NCIS date tonight lol so I guess I shall go cuddle him while he sleeps, or maybe ill do a little payback and snap some pics of him while he is sleeping like he did me? hahah I'm totally going with that plan! GNITE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment